Re: AdminRest: New version of IASA BCP document available

2004-11-20 09:35:46
this is far to proscriptive - I do not think that the authors of this
document or the general IETF community are accounts - lets establish the
requirement that funds be available when needed but not try to dictate
the best way for that to be done - let the accountants figure that out
I think the principle is more than available: it's a matter of
who they belong to.

How about a simple 1-sentence addition:

Funds collected on behalf of the IETF and IASA shall be clearly identified
as such and shall be used at the direction of the IAOC.

(There are other limits in the doc on what the IAOC can do and on how the
budget process works, so this sentence states that the funds "belong"
to the IETF and shall be spent as such, subject, of course, to the
various caveats on ISOC approval, process, etc...).

Carl