Re: AdminRest: an attempt at some principles

2004-11-28 11:56:43
An earlier comment from Brian Carpenter, to which several people agreed,
indicated that we should consider the need for an IETF "sunshine law"
separately from the IASA structure.

i didn't agree but i didn't want to use everybody's time arguing about it,
and i still don't.  but it turns out that that's a different fishkettle.

all i'm asking for at the moment is that "transparency" be mentioned
whenever "consensus" is mentioned.  what kind of transparency, or what
kind of consensus, we mean can be defined elsewhere.  changing consent
to informed consent might also be a good idea but is inadequate alone --
we talk a lot about "consensus" (rough, after clark et al), and we have
to start talking about "transparency" just as often.