Re: Adminrest: section 3.5b

2004-12-02 12:40:08
Brian suggests:
 Maybe we need a much more restricted right of appeal. Strawperson:

Decisions of the IAOC are subject to appeal exclusively on the grounds
 that they have materially damaged correct execution of the IETF
 standards process [RFC2026]. They follow the appeals process
 applicable to the standards process. Matters outside the standards
process such as staff, budget and contractual matters are not subject
 to such appeal.

works for me

Scott

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble visualizing this - can anyone give an example of a decision that materially damages correct execution of 2026?

Have we ever been the subject of a decision, by whomever, that would qualify for an appeal using this text?

Spencer