Re: Adminrest: section 3.5b (appealability)

2004-12-03 15:54:09
"avri" == avri  <avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> writes:

    avri> OK, I am open to the idea.  And I suppose that the current
    avri> appeal mechanisms would allow it.

    avri> But in that case I do have a problem with making the barrier
    avri> higher for appeals originating from a non IOAC member.
    avri> While I can see arguments for not removing an IAOC's
    avri> member's right of appeal, I don't see any arguments that
    avri> should give them any greater right of appeal.  I.e. I would
    avri> have difficulty supporting a mechanism that weighed 1 IAOC
    avri> member versus 10 non members as suggested in your original
    avri> message.

The reason you want to require say 10 signatures is because you want
to avoid a denial of service attack on the process.  You don't want
someone who lost a contract appealing unless there were significant
process irregularities.

My assumption is that if the members of the IAOC want to gum up the
works with useless appeals, you might as well get the recall petition
started.