Re: Transparency/Openness of the IAOC

2004-12-08 12:33:03

  *> For instance, we were sent a budget that included a proposed RFC
  *> Editor cost of ~$800,000.  This cost is based on a Statement of Work
  *> (SOW) that was negotiated between the IAB and the RFC Editor.  Do we
  *> (the IETF community) have access to that SOW?  (I don't actually know
  *> the answer to this question, but I couldn't find it on a quick
  *> perusal of the IAB and RFC Editor web pages).  Personally, I think
  *> that we should have access to that SOW and other similar documents.

Margaret,

The full SOW for 2004 is on the ISOC web site, at
www.isoc.org/standards/rfceditor/sow.shtml.  A less detailed form is on
the RFC Editor web site, at www.rfc-editor.org/DOCUMENTS/purpose.html.

Bob Braden for the RFC Editor.

  *>