draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 3.4 - appeals

2004-12-12 19:02:50

open from last version

I think that the text on appeals is still not clear enough (based
on other messages to the list, other people agree)

I am very leary of any unlimited ability for IAD (or IAOC) decisions
to be appealed - anything like that would be a too easy DoS vector

I am most worried about any ability to appeal a decision to award a
contract (for a function, for consulting, or for equipment) - I do not
think I should be able to appeal if the IAD decided buy a Windows
computer just because I happen to think that Macs are better/safer - I
do not think that the looser in a bidding process should be able to
appeal the IAD selecting someone other than the lowest cost bidder
(because, for example the lowest cost bidder is a deadbeat)

during the discussion I have come to the conclusion that we need
something more than the ability to racal the members of the IAOC - maybe
the ability to appeal with a claim that a published evaluaion process
was not followed - but I'd not like any such appeal to be able to
easily (or at all) cancel a signed contract (there might be significant
liabilities if that were possible)

I do not now have any suggestion as to wording but I do not see that
this issue is closed

Scott