Re: [newtrk] Re: List of Old Standards to be retired

2004-12-16 14:45:25

This is a simple way to simply do what we said we were going to do.

The worries  about this whole anti-cruft  business have always  been (a) the
likelihood that it would do more harm than good, and (b) the likelihood that
it would  waste enormous amounts  of time on  issues of no  importance.  The
initial foray into this area doesn't do much to relieve these worries.

Even if someone  *has* implemented the telnet TACACS  user option, would a
user really want to use it?

I don't know.  Do  you?  How do we go about answering  a question like that?
How much time should the IETF spend determining the answer to this question?

It's just better to leave well enough alone.