Re: Draft version of the IAD job announcement from the IASA TT

2004-12-19 16:42:42
I have no objection to having a professional look over the job description. That is probably a good idea.

A full professional search is in my opinion not warranted or useful. I have worked with a number of executive search firms on senior level searches. They are very useful if what you want is already in their portfolio. The further it is from their norm, the less return you get on the very high investment.

Note: this is a general comment. There are individuals in the search profession who are very good and add value worth their cost. But they are few and far between.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

At 05:23 PM 12/19/2004, Scott Bradner wrote:

jck sed:
> Personally, I think I'd be happier with a
> professionally-conducted search, but YMMD (and probably does).

I agree (fwiw)
I suggested directly to the IASA TT but did not get a positive respose so
I'll suggest here - I'd sure like to have a professional in the field
of looking for people of this type at least take a look at the
job description (which struck me, maybe not as strongly as it did jck,
not up to professional grade).

Scott