Issue #723: Section 3 - Requirements for Outsourced Activities [w as: BCP-02: Requirements for Outsourced Activities]

2004-12-23 03:45:07
Kurtis comments on text suggested by Bernard:
On 2004-12-09, at 17.02, Bernard Aboba wrote:

Suggest this be rewritten to:

"The IAOC is accountable for the structure of the IASA and thus decides
which functions are to be outsourced. All outsourcing must be via
well-defined contracts or equivalent instruments.  Both outsourced and
in-house functions must be clearly specified and documented with
well-defined deliverables, service level agreements, and transparent
accounting for the cost of such functions."

I think this is overkill. It is up to the IAD/IAOC to decide how to
account for costs of outsourced contracts, so I would put a period
after "service level agreements".

I have seen support for Bernard's statement (on email I believe by Margaret)
and I like Bernard's text myself as well.
I have not seen anyone agree with Kurtis yet. So for now I am believing
we seem to have more agreement on the complete text suggested by
Bernard.

I have updated the text (in my edit buffer) accordingly.
Speak up if you disagree.

Bert
- - kurtis -