Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2004-12-30 18:46:59

imo - the IAOC members should not be compensated for their time but
I think its reasonable for them to be reimbursed for expenses for
travel to meetings not held in the same place and time as IETF
meetings (or just before or after an IETF at the same location) - since
I would hope that almost all of the work of the IAOC shoudl be done
over the net or by phone I would not think this would come up
that often but it might during startup (revaluating RFP responses
for example) - doing this enables peopel who do not have strong
money support to still be able to be on the IAOC

The IESG also has meetings that are not scheduled in conjunction with IETF meetings (about two times per year, based on my short experience). And, the IAB has workshops and other meetings that are not scheduled before, during or after IETF meetings. Do you think that those expenses should also be reimbursed?

What about IETF attendance for an IAOC, IESG or IAB member who is not currently employed?

BTW, I am not worried about the ability to create a consistent travel policy. ISOC already has a well-documented travel reimbursement policy.

Margaret