RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

2005-01-03 12:11:50
Dear Glen Zorn

It is startling to see your remarks about, "Paris in August" as:

a.      "deadly".  On your mail of 31/12/2004

b.      "physical danger of meeting in Paris in August". On your mail of
31/12/2004

c.      "the point is the question of why we seem to go out of our way to find
unpleasant weather for our meetings".  On your mail of 02/01/2005

So, what do you suggest?...

To use the unfortunate weather calamity of August 2003 in France is a
counterfeit reason to try and sabotage the work of many women and men working
hard to make this meeting the most agreeable possible. This is equivalent to
saying, not to go to New York because of 9/11 and not to ever go to Asia where
the Tsunami had happened.

I don't understand your motivation for acting this way; but, I would like to
discuss this issue with Cisco officials.

France Telecom, the host for the 63rd IETF August 2005 meeting, is paying for
the rental of the venue and provides the network. Therefore, on behalf of
France Telecom, I would like to insure the community that we are doing our best
to make this meeting the most effective, efficient and safe (not "deadly")
possible. We have reported the event to the security officials, and I will post
the messages.

Please let me know your remarks.

Hidega