Re: On standards review panel and division of work

2005-08-04 02:34:43
Hi, Pekka (but not only Pekka),

If I understood Margaret last night, she was at least somewhat comfortable with a hard split between area management and technical review, so I'd like to at least ask one question...

In discussions with John Klensin, I (and I think we) both assumed that the addition of an Standards Review Panel would mean that that the IESG participants remained on the IESG. But now I'm wondering - if we have a future-SRP and a future-IESG, which one of these does the current IESG more closely resemble?

I'm trying to figure out if we're really adding a Standards Review Panel, because the existing IESG is spending too much time on standards review, or whether the existing IESG is spending a LOT of time on standards review, so we're really adding an Internet Engineering Steering Group...

Spencer