Conflicts with "0-" header?

2005-08-11 11:34:45
For another SDO I need a generalised multilingual name format (not the same nature than an IRI or a tag) and - if possible - I wish it not to conflict or to confuse with an existing IETF protocol, identification, naming, tagging systems, etc. format.

The need is for a simple universal header helping to filter out strings not participating to the format. It needs to use decimal and computational characters which are universally supported, even when localised.

I plan to use "0-" and to reserve "1-" to "9-" for further use for similar or other needs. This should neither confuse with URI, tag URI, language tags (RFC 3066 - currently always starts with an alpha), DNS (the name starts after the introductory sequence). Does anyone would think of a possibile a conflict (aside the WG-ltru where the issue has been investigated): one cannot ask search engines about "0-".

Thank you for your help.
jfc