Re: IPv6 DNS resolvers issue (Re: Why have we gotten away from running code?)

2005-08-15 09:48:22
On 15-aug-2005, at 18:05, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

So you have reached consensus on forcing everyone who wants to look up DNS information over IPv6 transport to use DHCPv6?

As far as I know, nothing that we publish forces anyone to do anything (or not to do anything).

But what's the alternative? If the only mechanism to discover IPv6 DNS resolvers is DHCPv6, then people who want to query the DNS over IPv6 must either use DHCPv6 or configure those addresses manually.

Not reaching consensus is not an option in this case.