Re: BCPs and STDs

2005-08-18 00:56:47
Ed,

The IETF's publisher is the RFC Editor, so they maintain search
pages etc. at http://www.rfc-editor.org

Try http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html for generic search
Try http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcxx00.html for document categories

Oh, and for documents awaiting RFC publication, try
http://rtg.ietf.org:8080/Test/parking

[More generally: yes, the IETF web site needs a general
clean up for useability and organization. The Tools team has
this on their list.]

    Brian

Edward Lewis wrote:
I guess I should say that wouldn't it be more professional if it were easier to navigate to IETF document from the IETF web pages?

As someone who's been around a while, it's hard to "on a dime" find a reference without having to build up my own repository. As I have changed employers over the years I have left behind old repositories on the equipment I no longer am permitted to use.

I can imagine it's even harder for newcomers to navigate.

What can't: http://www.ietf.org/documents/bcp/bcp102.txt be all that is needed, with links to Documents and then BCP be plainly visible on the web site?

BTW, thanks to the references to 2026. I had forgotten there was more than than just the RFC categories and standards track levels.