Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-25 18:55:30
It is not typical for us to make statements in our standards
regarding what proprietary mechanisms our standards are or are not
intended to compete with, nor do we typically include statements that
compare the features of our standards to proprietary protocols.

Please stop calling it "proprietary". The mDNS specificiation is publicly
available, and is the result of many years of open public discussion.
There are multiple independent open source implementations. Just because
a certain IETF inner circle decided to turn their backs on it doesn't
make it proprietary.

Stuart Cheshire <cheshire(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org