Re: Alternative formats for IDs

2006-01-02 14:42:39
I have always thought that ASCII had much to commend it  - ease of use,
compactness, open standard - which outweighed its limited functionality.

But while we debate this, have events already overtaken us?  I was surprised to
find, when reading
draft-fu-nsis-qos-nslp-statemachine-02.txt
repeated statements to the effect that if you want to see what this looks like,
look at the .pdf version.  It would seem that the system is giving tacit
support to .pdf (although I am cannot readily see just where the .pdf version is
filed:-(

What will anyone say when this I-D reaches last call?

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr(_at_)baby-dragons(_dot_)com>
To: "ietf maillist" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: Alternative formats for IDs

Hello All ,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, David B Harrington wrote:
Lets go ahead and ask then -
   Does anyone else think that IETF should allow documents which
   format/structure is not publicly known as one of the ways to
   distribute IETF specifications?

Not me (or not I, whichever)
David Harrington
dbharrington(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net
  I have to concur ,  No I do not want any document structure
  that does not have a COMPLETELY publicly documented
  specification as an IETF should allow document format .
  JimL