Re: participation sans meeting attendance (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-06 08:54:00
Melinda Shore wrote:
On 1/2/06 11:32 PM, "Jeffrey Hutzelman" <jhutz(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I think we're doing better on this front than we have in many
years.

The technical support for remote participation really has become
terrific.  Some sessions are run with great sensitivity to remote
participation, others are not - it depends on the chairs.  However,
on the other hand it does seem as if groups have become more
likely to make "final" decisions during meetings and not on
mailing lists.

I'd like to point out that this would be an appealable process failure,
i.e. there should always be (at the minimum) an email call for consensus
about decisions embedded in the minutes, and important decisions should
certainly have their own email consensus call.

   Brian