Re: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.

2006-04-05 09:28:10

On 5-Apr-2006, at 12:16, Michel Py wrote:

Of anywhere where ISPs offer a package with static IP addresses. I mean
a survey of regular customers, not fellow IETFers or geek buddies. How
many of them actually have multiple static IPs and how many are behind
NAT nevertheless. Run your survey and come back with data.

I was under the impression that *you* were the one making assertions about user behaviour. I don't necessarily disagree with them.

However, asking other people to do surveys to confirm your assertions (with the implication that people who can't be bothered to do those surveys somehow aren't fit to disagree) seems more like an exercise in rhetoric than in engineering.