Re: Copyright status of early RFCs

2006-04-11 00:39:09
Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

However, it seems that rather than having each individual chase after authors, at least one of whom is unfortunately no longer with us, wouldn't it make sense to have the Trust sent a release form to the authors so that they can grant retroactive permission equivalent to the "modern" RFCs?

This would put action behind the desire.

In the IPR WG meeting, Lucy Lynch said, on behalf of the trust:

>Lucy Lynch:
>We plan to solicit donations to the Trust, including donations from early authors and things like the >video assets from the mbone broadcasts. We can not say “we unilaterally own them, give them to us”.

I guess she'd be happy to get offers to help.