Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 19:28:25
Perhaps we could avoid similar delays in generating the final list of
volunteers in the future:

 Secretariat generates a list of eligible volunteers as early as possible
  (As far as I know, eligibility data is available well before call for
   volunteers is posted)
 List is used to verify volunteers when offer to volunteer is received
 Volunteer can contest eligibility
 List of volunteers is ready as soon as volunteer period closes

Seems like this process would lend itself well to automation; I can imagine
a web tool that accepts offers to volunteer, checks eligibility against list
from the Secretariat and gives immediate feedback to ineligible volunteers.

- Ralph