RE: Nit Re: Last Call: draft-wing-behave-symmetric-rtprtcp (Common Local Transmit and Receive Ports (Symmetric RTP)) to BCP

2007-03-02 11:13:56
That is a reasonable change, and I will incorporate it during AUTH48.
Thanks!

-d

-----Original Message-----
From: peter_blatherwick(_at_)mitel(_dot_)com
[mailto:peter_blatherwick(_at_)mitel(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:29 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; dwing(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
Subject: Nit Re: Last Call:
draft-wing-behave-symmetric-rtprtcp (Common Local Transmit
and Receive Ports (Symmetric RTP)) to BCP

Hi,
I have a nit on this otherwise highly useful draft as it goes
to Last Call.

I believe the reference to MGCP [RFC3435], sec 1 page 3,
should be removed and replaced by reference to Megaco / H.248
instead (RFC 3525 / 3015).  Correspondingly, the reference to
it in section 8.2 should also be replaced.  The reason for
this is MGCP is not actually an IETF-sanctioned protocol,
whereas Megaco/H.248 is.   MGCP was developed outside of IETF
process, and is actually not considered to be
"standards-based".  See the IESG Note on the cover page of RFC3435.

I would certainly hope that IETF & IESG would point to its
own standard in this area (Megaco), rather than a
non-sanctioned document.  I believe this entirely editorial
in nature.

Regards,
Peter Blatherwick

      The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

01.03.07 11:38
Please respond to ietf