Re: Last Call Comments on draft-housley-tls-authz-07

2007-03-12 07:11:19
<Pasi(_dot_)Eronen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com> writes:

Eric Rescorla wrote:

My TLS co-chair suggests that this document should go forward as
Experimental. I see two problems with that. First: it assigns code
points out of a space which is reserved for Standards Action.

A correction: the draft needs code points from two different
registries (TLS extension types and TLS supplemental data type);
both of these registries have at least part of the numbers reserved
for "IETF Consensus" policy. So Standards Action is not needed.

I have to agree with my co-chair and disagree with myself. :)
A standards action is not needed...

-Ekr