Re: item for discussion - IAOC Q&A

2007-03-20 14:24:45
Bob Braden writes:
So, would it surprise you to find out now that someone else actually owns your text and can restrict the way others use it? I'll be you would be surprised... you ASSUMED it was "public domain", in those simpler times.

Mu. I just wrote it. Nothing and noone forced me to make any such assumption. The question did not (AFAICR) ever enter my mind.

Let me try it again: Back then randoms like myself could write an RFC and never think about legal matters. You're now assuming that we would have assumed, and that's a large dose of assumption.

(In my case I'm sure I'll sign and fax whatever I need to sign and fax, and I hope everyone will. But I wouldn't feel sure until all the signatures are on file.)

Arnt