Re: RFID (was: identifying yourself at the mic)

2007-03-27 15:54:15

On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 02:42:19 PM -0700 Andy Bierman <ietf(_at_)andybierman(_dot_)com> wrote:

There are so many Process Wonks in the IETF who feel it
is their sworn duty to yell "State your name please!"

I think it's unfair to call people who do that "process wonks" or any other derogatory term. Most of them are people who want to know who is speaking. Some of them are people who assume the rest of the room want to know who is speaking, probably don't, and probably don't feel comfortable speaking up and saying so.

that said...

I don't think
we need to introduce expensive technology into the mix.

I very much agree with this.

-- Jeff