Re: Last Call: draft-saintandre-jabberid (The Jabber-ID Header Field) to Proposed Standard

2007-09-05 15:11:15
SM wrote:
At 09:54 24-08-2007, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
FYI on this last call document relating to email header fields.
Please note that some review on the Apps-review team list has already
suggested this go to Experimental instead
(<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-review/current/msg00062.html>http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-review/current/msg00062.html
).

To avoid any ambiguity, between From and Sender, I suggest renaming the
Examples section to Implementation and adding:

   The Jabber Identifier is associated with the author of the message;
see [MESSAGE].
   If the "From:" header field contains more than one mailbox, the
Jabber-ID header
   should not be added to the message.  There should be no more than one
instance
   of the Jabber-ID header.

That seems reasonable and I have incorporated it into my working
version. Thanks for the text.

I preferred not to suggest associating the header with the Sender:
header field as that field may be added at a later stage, for example,
when the message is sent to a mailing list.  We could get around that by
adding a Sender: field on transmission but then it would go against RFC
2822 Section 3.6.2.

Hmm, yes, I think it would be best to avoid making that association.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/