Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 04:47:27
Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > In the enterprise world, where I live now, IPv6 is just flat out a
    > non-starter without PI space. Its just not even a discussion that's
    > even useful to have, because the answer to IPv6 without PI is just "No."

Let me see if I understand this. Without PI, the enterprises say no, and with
PI, the ISP's say no. Got it.

Just out of curiousity, how do the enterprises expect to exhange bits without
ISP's?

They will find ones that will, or they will start ones that will, or
ones will start independently that will.

And, yes, the entrenched ISP interests really should perceive that to be
a business threat, because it is one.

(I just realized that I mentioned nanog in my previous message...I'm so
used to this discussion happening over there that I just assumed that
was there this message was coming from.  Regardless, the sentiments
against PI space in IPv6 are very ISP-centric and just as ill-fated
whether they're on ietf or nanog.)

--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."