Renumbering

2007-09-13 05:10:56
On Thu Sep 13 12:39:52 2007, Jeff McAdams wrote:
Mark Andrews wrote:
>    Except there really is no vendor lock anymore.  It is
>    possible to automate the entire renumbering process.  If
>    there are spots where it is not automated then they should
>    be found and fixed.

Oh man, that's rich.  Do you actually believe that?

Welcome to the IETF, where dreams are made reality.

I particularly agree with Mark's final sentence, there - if renumbering is a problem, let's solve it.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of renumbering activity *is* automated, we've simply forgotten that it's already done. We've got autoconf, we've got DHCP, we have oodles of technology that's deployed already.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)jabber(_dot_)org