Re: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

2007-09-20 01:44:03

owners of those services will simply go to ISPs and say "route this, or I'll find someone else who will".

I'm actually not as convinced of this. Yes, they can get routing from their ISP, and the ISP will be happy to sell it to them. Can they get it from their ISP's upstream, and from that ISP's downstreams? To make it into PI space in the usual sense of the word, I think they wind up writing a contract with every ISP in the world that they care about.

I think ULAs will exceed the bounds of a single administration, but they will do so on the basis of bilateral contract, not general routing.