Re: [Geopriv] Response to appeal dated 22-June-2007

2007-09-21 09:15:04

Ted, speaking as an individual.

I completely agree that personnel decisions of ADs should be able to
be appealed.  I actually considered proposing text modifications to
make it clear that there might be circumstances where it would be
appropriate for the IESG to resolve the conflict.

I and I suspect others were working on the "good enough" principle and
were trying to get a good enough response produced and not deal with
all potentially different future situations.

So, I do agree that at least from my standpoint this defect in the
response was inadvertent.

My preferred way forward would be for IESG members to individually
either agree or disagree with our reading of the purpose of the
appeals process.  I think that if the IESG is in broad agreement on
this point, reopening and rewording the response would not be an
effective use of time.