RE: why can't IETF emulate IEEE on this point?

2007-09-26 08:43:09
At 11:32 PM -0700 9/25/07, Lawrence Rosen wrote:
Let's first charter the IPR-WG to completely reconsider the IETF patent
policy in light of new software industry expectations, and so that we get
rid of the inadequate RAND (and even non-RAND) IETF IPR policies that
currently exist.

If you want the IETF to do that, please put together a page listing those new software industry expectations. I have been following the patent issues (but not the IPR WG) for many years, and I don't see much difference now from five years ago, other than more trolls with more money. There isn't even much anger about the new rich trolls, it seems.