Let me see if I understand this.
- This is the specification for SMTP. It's was first used on the
- It is probably as widely deployed as IP and TCP. Maybe more so.
- It works (e.g., the email discussing this thread was sent via SMTP).
- The IETF is now advancing it to Draft Standard. I assume this means
that we now have enough implementation experience.
- Now the IESG doesn't want to approve it for Draft Standard because
it is using a different set of example domains instead of the official
Am I the only one who sees the insanity here?
IETF mailing list