Re: Unicode.org Software Internationalisation Standards &Specifications

2008-11-01 20:43:00

--- On Sat, 1/11/08, Doug Ewell <doug(_at_)ewellic(_dot_)org> wrote:

From: Doug Ewell <doug(_at_)ewellic(_dot_)org>............

1.  The Unicode Consortium is not an IETF organization.
Complaining to IETF, ICANN, or any other such organization
about the statements or policies of the Unicode Consortium
will have no effect.

Nevertheless because there is some internet / computer relationship between
Unicode.org and IETF.org and did you know Unicode.org blocked that Fyi message
I copied to IETF.org from their mailing list.  Thus Unicode.org don't wish to
be criticised and they like their mutual appreciation society.

2.  Do you have an example of a written language in which
you cannot use a Unicode-enabled computer, because of
something the Unicode Consortium has or has not done?

The Unicode Consortium is not responsible for showing you
how to use your computer.

Yes actually due to Unicode.org I cannot properly use english language where
all the k/K letters are replaced with unicode 0915 glyph via HTML because the
line spacings are not all equal.

I don't see at the english unicode table another unicode 0915 glyph shape
unicode number that allows choice not to use k/K alphabets.

I don't see qualitatively / graphically on websites that use unicode the same
unicode 0915 glyph shape that you see on the unicode table.

Also there is not a lower case unicode 0915 glyph at sunskrit or at english
unicode table.

3.  The Unicode Consortium cannot be responsible for what
baffles "certain programmers," whoever they may
be.

The Unicode Consortium defines coded characters and their
properties and general techniques for working with them.  It
does not specify or mandate particular software development
products that must be used to make applications compliant.
I don't know if that's what you mean by
"without a framework"; if not, please clarify.

Unicode.org Software Internationalisation Standards & Specifications are sans /
without "framework."  Thus certain programmers are getting baffled where to
"locate" these generic areas, (1) Style (2) Content (3) User Interface (4)
Membership (5) Extensions at certain opensource applications, where they can
remove the k/K letters and replace them with unicode 0915 glyph.

Unicode.org is trying to falsely say on it's website what it's doing things
without clarifying.  Thus I put the points about "demo" and "framework."

4.  You have used the word "nepotism" before in
similar e-mails.  You are aware, aren't you, that the
English word "nepotism" refers to the granting of
political positions, employment, or other favors to
one's relatives on the basis of personal relationship
instead of qualifications?  It has nothing to do with
organizations working together, or holding similar
viewpoints, or anything related to this "K is
evil" campaign.  Continuing to apply the word
"nepotism" inappropriately to your
"opponents" in this effort will only cause people
to take your effort less seriously, and may cause you
personal embarrassment as well (though this is probably
mitigated by your use of only a first name and pseudonym in
your postings).

Unicode.org and IETF.org can also have nepotism and this can be evidenced from
final decisions and mid-way deliberations, where you find a biased decisions
and individuals. Perhaps you can put the words "organisational" / "corporate"
before the word "nepotism" if it helps you.  I wish to point out this nepotism
tendency.  I hope this effort will be seen constructively.

Regards

Meeku
http://twitter.com/nepotism