Re: Last Call: draft-hoffman-dac-vbr (Vouch By Reference) to Proposed Standard

2008-11-07 10:37:59
At 10:35 PM -0800 11/6/08, SM wrote:
The IANA Considerations section is missing.  I suggest registering the header
as specified in RFC 3864.

We purposely did not make this extensible in this document. From talking to
many of the companies that would be certifiers, there was no interest in making
the list extensible. One option is to litter the IANA web site with yet another
registry that lists the values from the RFC that created the registry and
nothing else, as is all too common. Instead, we thought it was better to leave
out the registry; if someone has a good reason for adding a new value, they can
write an RFC for it and create the registry at that time.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium