Re: IPv6 traffic stats

2008-11-12 14:56:27
The AS count might also be of interest - 15% of the
non-stub IPv4 addresses (AS's that offer transit to
other ASes) also originate IPv6 prefixes.

How did this 15% change over the past 4 years and/or past 18 months? What
percentage would that be of the total AS count?

Thanks,

Peter

--- On Wed, 11/12/08, Geoff Huston <gih(_at_)apnic(_dot_)net> wrote:

From: Geoff Huston <gih(_at_)apnic(_dot_)net>
Subject: Re: IPv6 traffic stats
To: "Harald Alvestrand" <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
Cc: tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu, "Pekka Savola" <pekkas(_at_)netcore(_dot_)fi>,
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 2:08 PM
I've been looking at this as well and reported on the
relative amount of IPv6 traffic over the past 4 years at the
most recent NANOG
(http://www.potaroo.net/presentations/2008-10-13-ipv6-deployment.pdf)

in recent times I am also seeing 0.5% of hosts preferring
to use IPv6 to access a dual-stacked site - the good news it
that this number has risen sharply in the past 18 months.
The not-so-good news it thats its still a bloody small
number!

The AS count might also be of interest - 15% of the
non-stub IPv4 addresses (AS's that offer transit to
other ASes) also originate IPv6 prefixes.

   Geoff