Re: several messages

2008-11-13 11:30:42
It _does_ mean that someone to whom email is important had better do
due diligence in selecting DNSBLs - just as someone to whom a car is
important had better do due diligence in selecting a mechanic [...]
I agree with that.  But easier still is to setup your own spam traps
and run your own spamfilter.  Which is what I think most actually do.

Not easier for me; not easier for the ISP I work for (I'm part of its
collective postmaster).  I, at home, and we, at work, find DNSBLs by
far the lower-cost answer, after all the costs are tallied (dollars
spent, human time, false positives, false negatives, machines, disk
space, network bandwidth, the list of forms costs can take is long).

Perhaps we're atypical.  I've always assumed we're more or less
typical, but just on the general grounds that I assume typicality until
I find evidence to the contrary.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org