Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

2008-11-16 16:46:52
The expectation is that error messages generated from TXT records
contain the actual IP addresses which triggered the DNSBL lookups.  As
a result, if you list a /16 (say), you need publish 65,536 different
TXT records.

Some do, some don't.  In any event I agree that DNSSEC is not ideally
suited to signing DNSBLs, but I would think that with some judicious
partitioning into subzones the problem wouldn't be intractable.

R's,
John