Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-07

2009-06-04 10:25:37

Thanks for review ... just wanted to respond to one point in this.

On Jun 3, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

 C5. User Identity Protection:  The location URI MUST NOT contain
    information that identifies the user or device.  Examples include
    phone extensions, badge numbers, first or last names.

Spencer (minor): this is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure it's a 2119 MUST (NOT). How would you recognize this on the wire (do you know what MY badge number is :-)?

There is the age old discussion about what 2119 means in a requirement document, but I'm trying to ignore that and just go with how well this conveys the intent of the WG to future readers. I agree we could not really black box test this but I think it does get to the essence of what the requirement is. Even last names might be hard to tell they are a last name, I hear rumor that google thinks Tschofenig is a strong password though I note is is a very common word to find in internet drafts :-)

Anyways, I can't think of a better way to write this requirement so unless someone has a concrete proposal, I suspect I will just leave as is.