Re: Let's move on - Let's DNSCurve Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

2009-06-13 20:27:19
Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

It is very clear that at least part of this discussion is due to your
unfamiliarity with English.

As you said

: Please learn to express your opinions in a manner that is appropriate
: to a professional forum rather than a bar room brawl.

: You are entitled to your opinion but not to converse in the abusive
: and insulting manner you have chosen to use if you wish to receive a
: reply.

Thank you again for demonstrating a perfect manner for a
professional forum.

However, you should consider a possibility that your poetry
skill in English, if any, can not, in this professional forum
not on poetry but on engineering, make up for your lack of
expertise in protocol design.

Most of us know that the typical business cycle lasts 7-10 years.
However the geniuses behind 'Long Term Capital Management' only
reviewed six years of the business cycle ending entirely. When one of
the principals behind LTM is interviewed on TVfor his opinions on the
bailout he is invariably tagged as 'Nobel Laureate', and never 'The
fool who caused the last major fiscal crisis'.

Though you obviously don't know much about LTCM, it is merely that
business model of LTCM has been broken from the beginning, just as
authority model of DNSSEC has been broken from the beginning.

Initial success of LTCM is due to not technical but poetry skill
of people involved, because economy is not very technical.

As for DNSSEC in highly technical world, after years of unsuccessful
experimental deployment, most of the problems of authority model,
all of which was pointed out by me from the beginning, was fixed.

The only remaining problem of DNSSEC is that it is not very secure.

It is not cryptographically but weakly secure, which is the security
of plain old DNS.

I have fifteen years experience in this business area.

I thought you shun businesses.

: The link you gave was to a paywalled version of the paper. I did not
: bother to read the authors once I discovered it was paywalled.

                                                Masataka Ohta