Re: IETF languages, was: something about RFCs

2009-07-09 13:08:57
On Jul 9, 2009, at 10:01, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

There are two things that together make it completely impossible to adopt more working languages [...]

My point wasn't to argue that we should consider working in non- English languages, but simply to explain why it's reasonable to rule that discussion out of scope while we get on with talking about archival formats: there is no reason to believe that expanding our archival formats would further limit our future options for adopting new working languages. (I'm thinking centuries into the future here.)

--
james woodyatt <jhw(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering