Re: AD review of draft-zorn-radius-pkmv1-04.txt

2009-07-27 12:31:12
d(_dot_)b(_dot_)nelson(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net wrote:
Yeah.  I've always been a bit uncomfortable with the "security
functionality" escape clause in the RADIUS Design Guidelines draft.
Lots of things can reasonably be claimed to be "security related".  I
would have preferred the exception to be crafted a bit narrower, just
for this reason.  But, unless wording of Design Guidelines is changed,
you have a legitimate argument.

  I believe the intent was "related to RADIUS security".  The guidelines
document could be updated to address this.

  RADIUS could transport parameters for *another* protocol.  Those
attributes are not security related.  They either follow the RADIUS data
model (int, IP address, etc.), or they are "opaque data" that RADIUS is
simply transporting on the behalf of the other protocol.

  Alan DeKok.