Re: IETF Plenary Discussions

2009-11-16 15:13:08

Reaction to the timers was quite mixed, going all the way from love to hate; we never did a survey of the participants afterwards, I think. We probably should have.

I was one of the folks who "hated" it. I view the open mikes as the time for the community to speak to the leadership (IESG, IAB, and now the IAOC). IMHO a timer sends the message that the I* does't want to listen to the community.

Note, I don't like the long rants either, but in this case the cure is worse than the disease.

Bob