Re: Question about BCP79's Section 4a and its Section 4.1

2009-11-29 14:22:42
"Todd Glassey" <tglassey at earthlink dot net> wrote:

in reading section 4a of BCP79 it raises a specific set of questions - the first of those being per this section it seems to me that a new IPR Header Page needs to be formally added to the RFC template and to the I-D template as well;

I read Russ's response about the pointer as a glimmer of hope that there will NOT be a whole new page of legalese added to every RFC and I-D. For those of us who are not lawyers or corporations specializing in IPR, the signal-to-noise ratio here is getting a bit ridiculous.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­