Re: WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-05 15:37:00
"Roni" == Roni Even <ron(_dot_)even(_dot_)tlv(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Roni> Hi, I do not think that the IETF should accept any work
    Roni> because people want to do it, if this is the case a group of
    Roni> people can come and ask to start working on any idea they have
    Roni> that has some relation to the Internet. IETF should accept
    Roni> work that is in scope for of the IETF and for which there is
    Roni> enough knowledge to evaluate the work by the participants.

I agree.  It's quite clear to me that when I read the mission statement
of the IETF, this is in scope.  My personal belief is that we have or by
chartering this work will obtain the necessary experts to evaluate the
results.

What area this belongs in seems an excellent question for the IESG.