Re: Last Call: draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Domain Name System (DNS) Security Extensions Mapping for theExtensible Provisioning Protocol

2010-01-30 09:02:19
Just to strengthen Alexey's statement...

Many Area Directors put documents on IESG telechats before IETF Last Calls are over. In such cases Area Directors assume that any issues will be settled before the selected telechat date. But a document can be moved to another telechat or taken off any particular telechat at any moment.

Not only "can be moved or taken off", telechat agendas, but it's quite common in my experience (as IESG scribe for several years). The ADs are trying to advance documents that are sent forward for publication without procedural delays, but they really do pull stuff that's not ready, and they can pull it at any time. I can't remember that happening AFTER a telechat begins, but I can remembering it happening during agenda-bashing at the beginning of a number of telechats.

So, please continue spirited technical discussion! As we used to say in the Working Group Chairs training session, no technical concern is ever "too late to be considered".

I hope this is helpful,

Spencer