Re: Draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp: Late change of IANA consideration section

2010-02-03 08:30:37
Thomas,

I don't necessarily have an opinion about the proposed changes, but I
don't quite understand the rationale.

"Specification Required" is intended to allow for publication of
documents outside of RFCs. It reqiures an Expert Reviewer to look at
the document and make a determination about whether the spec is
sufficiently implementable.

I do not understand this either, but I'll note that draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp has a ton of Standards Action IANA rules. It does not make sense to have such rules in a spec that itself is going for Experimental. So maybe Magnus should have said s/Specification Required/Standards Action/ in his e-mail... I would support the change of Standards Action rules to IETF Review.

Jari