Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost

2010-02-12 10:51:29
On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Stephen Kent wrote:
Who gets to decide on what algorithms get first class status and based on
what criteria?
If we look at what the CP developed in the SIDR WG for the RPKI says, the
answer is the IESG

So, they're going to flip a coin or what?

"Who" is largely irrelevant.  The criteria is the interesting bit.

Steve brought up "national" algorithm, but we have also "personal"
algorithms such as curve25519 or threefish.
WGs like IPsec, TLS, and SMIME have been able to say no to "personal" algs
for a long time.

IPsec, TLS, and SMIME are all one-to-one.  DNSSEC (in this context) is
one-to-many.

Regards,
-drc