RE: federated authentication for non-web applications at IETF 77

2010-02-13 10:31:54
Eliot,

Klaas Wierenga, Hank Mauldin, Hannes Tschofenig, and I have
submitted several drafts for consideration in the context of
SASL, and we will be presenting a short version of them at
the APPS Area meeting and perhaps something longer in SASL in
advance of consideration of a charter update.  Our work has
focused on integration of two mechanisms- SAML and OpenID.

That's great to hear. I have been following this work closely (having
also reviewed Klaas' recent draft) and I'm pleased that we have two
plausible strategies on the table for addressing this problem space. I
think our use-cases are a bit different (our respective strategies
certainly are!) but we are clearly in the same ball-park and so I hope
you will also bring your ideas to the proposed Bar BoF.

josh.