Re: IAB statement on the RPKI.

2010-02-17 13:22:45
    > From: Dmitry Burkov <dburk(_at_)burkov(_dot_)aha(_dot_)ru>

    > I think that it is not a constructive way to discuss this issue
    > following some conspiracy theories.

Understood, but at the same time there may be some value to being curious as
to why the Russian authorities have mandated the use of a local standard.

Is it just some sort of 'not invented here', or some other similar cause
(which is, I agree, not very interesting); or is there a desire to use a
different algorithm because there some sort of weakness to the standard
algorithm most countries are using, a weakness which has only been detected
by some entity somewhere in Russia?

Needless to say, if there _is_ such a weakness (and I am not saying there is,
this is a pure hypothetical), we'd all like to know, so we could switch to
something more secure (perhaps the GOST algorithm.. :-).

        Noel