RE: Gen-ART LC/Tekechat Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-10

2010-03-21 20:14:19
Ben wrote:

I was not under the impression from reading rate-control that that document
was modifying 3265 to prevent notifiers from sending an empty notify.  But,
your suggestion is a reasonable one.  Reading the rate-control text you
quoted earlier in the thread could lead to the impression that this is the
case.  I've added the rate control authors to the thread.

I don't think it modifies 3265 in general, but it does seem to normatively
prevent empty NOTIFY requests as a result of a max-interval expiration.

Agreed.  Some clarification on this point would be useful.